CheerCore Online Waiver Form (Season 14)
Please take a moment to read the document below, then fill out the form in its entirety
Section 1: Assumption Of Risk, Consent & Liability
IN CONSIDERATION of allowing my minor child/ward to participate in Cheerleading, Camps, Clinics and other Classes under CheerCore Inc., located at 10 Greco Court, Collingwood, Ontario, Canada.
I WARRANT TO YOU THAT:
1. I am a parent/guardian having full legal responsibility for decisions regarding my minor child/ward, and
2. I am familiar with the risk of serious injury and death which any participant in this programme must assume, and
3. I believe that my minor child/ward is physically, emotionally and mentally able to participate in this programme, and that his/her equipment is mechanically fit for his/ her use in this programme, and
4. I understand, and will instruct my minor child/ward, that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that at all times the sole responsibility for personal safety remains with my minor child/ward, and
5. I will immediately remove my minor child/ward from participation, and notify the nearest official, if at any time I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition or if I feel that my minor child/ward has experienced any deterioration in his/her physical, emotional or mental fitness for continued participation in the programme.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE, ON BEHALF OF MY MINOR CHILD/WARD, MYSELF, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND NEXT OF KIN, THAT MY EXECUTION OF THIS DOCUMENT CONSTITUTES:
1. an unqualified ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS associated with participation in this programme by my minor child/ward even if arising from negligence, or gross negligence, including any compounding or aggravation of injuries caused by negligent rescue operations or procedures, of the programme organizer and any persons associated therewith or participating therein, and
2. a FULL AND FINAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY of the programme organizer and all persons and organizations associated with it and the programme including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, its officers, directors, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, owners and/ or lessors of the premises used to conduct the programme, sanctioning bodies, medical or rescue personnel (the RELEASEES), of and from with the respect to all injury,
3. disability, death or loss or damage to person or property whether arising from the negligence, or negligent rescue of or by the foregoing or otherwise, and
4. an UNDERSTANDING NOT TO SUE the RELEASEES for any loss, injury, costs or damages of any form or type, howsoever caused or arising, and whether directly or indirectly from the participation of my minor child/ward in the programme, and
5. full permission to CheerCore Inc., to record, capture and post my and/or my child’s story, photo, video, audio or other item, hereinafter referred to as “Materials,” on their website, email, print materials, and social media channels. I hereby release CheerCore Inc., its representative, employees, managers, members, officers, parent companies, subsidiaries, and directors, from all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with any use of said “Materials”, including, without limitation, all claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of my right of publicity, defamation and any other personal and/or property rights. I acknowledge and agree that no sums whatsoever will be due to me as a result of the use of the “Materials” or any rights therein, and
6. an AGREEMENT TO INDEMNIFY, and to SAVE and HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES, and each of them, from any litigation expense, legal fees, liability, damage, award or cost, of any form or type whatsoever, they may incur due to any claim made against them or any one of them whether the claim is based on the negligence or the gross negligence of the RELEASEES or otherwise.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT THOROUGHLY AND I UNDERSTAND THAT THE RELEASEES ARE RELYING UPON MY WARRANTIES, ASSUMPTIONS, WAIVER AND RELEASE, UNDERTAKINGS AND AGREEMENTS WHEN ACCEPTING MY MINOR CHILD’S/WARD’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROGRAMME.
I UNDERSTAND THAT BY DIGITALLY ENTERING MY INFORMATION BELOW, I AM SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT AND I GIVE UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS THAT I AND/ OR MY MINOR CHILD/WARD WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE.
Section 2: Assumption Of Risk & Declaration Of Understanding Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, provincial, and local governments and local health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. CheerCore Inc. (“the Club”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Club cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the Club could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19. By signing this agreement, you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending the Club and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Club may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Club employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at the Club or participation in Club programming (“Claims”). I voluntarily agree that myself and my children will follow the Club’s screening procedures and policies upon entry and exit, and understand that exemptions or modifications will be NOT made to these procedures unless I am able to provide a valid medical reason with a verified doctor’s note. On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I hereby choose to accept, and freely and voluntarily assume, the risk of being exposed to, contracting and/or spreading COVID-19 in order to participate in the Activity. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Club program.